- Founded: 1971
- Head of School: N. Blair Fisher
- Size of Campus: 13 acres
- Religious affiliation: As an independent, non-sectarian school, Charlotte Prep embraces and celebrates all faiths, races, and cultures.
- Accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS), North Carolina Department of Non-Public Instruction
- Memberships: American Montessori Society (AMS), Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), Independent School Management (ISM), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Grades: Pre-kindergarten (2-1/2 years old) through 8th grade
- Enrollment: Approximately 390
- Diversity: More than 35% of the student body is made up of students from diverse backgrounds.
Additional Learning Opportunities
- Early School (ages 2-1/2 – 5) is Montessori. Kindergarten – 8th grades are traditional.
- Average class size: 15-20
- Student/Teacher ratio: 12:1
- Student organizations: Science Olympiad, Yearbook, Spanish, Math Counts, Student Council, Music, Theater, Culture Club
- Leadership: BUD-E program (connects older students to younger students to practice leadership skills)
- School mascot: Tigers
- Sports offered: Basketball, golf, tennis, cross country, volleyball, soccer, cheerleading
- Participation: Each year, more than 80 percent of Middle School students participate in at least one interscholastic sports team. Our student-athletes have won eighteen conference or tournament championships in the last five years.